Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Family Flowers! At our family owned and operated retail and wholesale garden centre, we strive to provide our customers with a friendly, enjoyable and complete experience, and our speciality ‘sell-ebrity’ staff is a key to this success.
Our team members are:
- Willing and able to learn quickly, and to apply new knowledge in assisting customers
- Comfortable interacting with diverse individuals
- Creative problem solvers who can think on their feet
- Adaptable and able to adjust to frequent interruptions
Our work environment includes working indoors and outdoors, rain or shine, in a fast paced, physically demanding environment. If this sounds like something that interests you, we want to hear from you! Specific job openings are listed below. Family Flowers is closed Sundays, but Saturday and holiday weekend availability is mandatory.
- May – June : Monday – Friday 8 am-7 pm and Saturday 8 am-6 pm.
- July – April : Monday – Saturday 9 am-5 pm.
Please note that there is no public transportation available to our location, and a reliable means of transportation is essential.
Please apply in person between 9:30a-4:30p at Family Flowers (44329 Talbot Line St. Thomas ON). Please have a copy of your resume as well as a cover letter stating the position you are applying for as well as your daily, weekly and monthly availability.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Beginning late April or early May, individuals in these positions are responsible for ensuring a positive customer experience for all who enter Family Flowers. Customer facing roles include a variety of tasks, from assisting customers and stocking retail displays to processing transactions and handling product.
- Greet customers courteously and provide direction and information as r [Read more..]
Individuals in these roles are responsible for completing a number of tasks, which may vary according to operational demands. These roles are physically demanding and require frequent lifting, carrying, and standing. Production workers typically transition to customer service roles as seasonal demands change.
- Transplanting quickly and accurately
- Taking and planting cu [Read more..]
Family Flowers is looking for a friendly, detail oriented individual interested in learning about greenhouse operations. This six month opportunity will run mid-March through October, with the possibility of extension and/or advancement. The successful trainee will have the knowledge and skills required to move into a coordinator position.
The trainee will rotate through all positions in t [Read more..]
Individuals in these positions are responsible for ensuring a positive customer experience for everyone who enters the greenhouse. Customer facing roles encompass a variety of tasks, from assisting customers and stocking retail displays to processing transactions and handling product.
- Greet customers courteously and offer assistance as needed
- Answer customer questions [Read more..]